Role Specific Professional Competencies
- Assessment and Evaluation of Learner Progression- Implement various assessment and evaluation techniques to facilitate learning and progression through didactic, laboratory, and clinical settings using various learning modalities.
- Promote Scholarship Learner Socialization- Promote scholarship and intellectual learning by fostering expected values and behaviors that reflect those of the nurse educator and contribute to the profession.
- Contribute to Curriculum Design and Quality Improvements in the Nurse Educator Role- Nurse educators formulate program outcomes and curricula design while pursuing quality improvements using evidence-based trends that prepare graduates to function effectively in the faculty role.
- Nurse educators’ function as a leader and change agent with appropriate knowledge in political, institutional, social and economic areas of practice to create systems while maintaining competence in nursing education and nursing practice.
- Function as a leader demonstrating flexibility and adaptability when problem-solving to implement organizational change.
- Implements effective strategies, leveraging differences to facilitate organizational change initiatives, and overcome resistance to change.
- Pursues business acumen and initiative to formulate a strategic plan.
- Employ systems thinking while using project management methods while addressing a global issue.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Propose solutions for the achievement of safe, high quality outcomes in one’s specialty area as a leader and change agent.
- Formulate communications effectively that support safe healthcare practices.
- Synthesize in one’s specialty area leadership concepts, principles, and ethical reasoning to influence decision making for quality outcomes in healthcare.
- Maximize professional standards in the practice of healthcare with integrity, caring, accountability, respect and excellence in nursing practice.
- Influence healthcare professionals as a leader and change agent in one’s specialty area to create safe, effective & culturally competent healthcare.
- Combine knowledge and skills in one’s specialty area of practice, identifying gaps in theory and/or practice, and utilizing clinical reasoning to formulate research questions.
The program is accredited by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, Georgia 30326