Cara Gomez, EdD, ATC, MS, CSCS, EIM
Public & Allied Health Science
ccordrey [at] desu.edu
- Doctor of Education: Innovative Leadership Wilmington University, Dover, DE Dissertation: Leadership Development among Clinical Collegiate Athletic Trainers: Perceived Importance, Practices, and Barriers
- Master of Science: Exercise and Sport Science/Athletic Training Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Bachelor of Science: Athletic Training Major University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Leadership in Athletic Training and Healthcare
- Clinical Innovations in Athletic Training
- Gomez, C. J., Gautum, C., Rothermel, M., Olsen, J. (2020). Student Perceptions of a Positive Reward System in an Undergraduate Anatomy Course. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 20(2), 60-85. Retrieved from https://scholarworks.iu.edu/journals/index.php/josotl/article/view/25673 Gomez, C. & Cordrey, N. (2020).
- Dynamic and Effective Virtual Training: 31 Strategies to Design and Facilitate Training in an Online Environment. Ridge Water Press; Middletown, DE. Gomez, C. J., Gautum, C., Rothermel, M., Olsen, J. (2018).
- Positive Reward System Encourages Student Engagement in Anatomy Courses. International Journal of Exercise Science, 9(7), Article 35. Conference Proceedings. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.wku.edu/ijesab/vol9/iss7/35/ Gomez, C. (2018). Using a positive reward system to encourage student engagement. Magna Publications 2018
- Best of the Teaching and Learning Conference: A Free Report, 24-26. Gomez, C, & Akey, J. (2018).
- Use of Interdisciplinary Bilingual Home Simulation to Facilitate Multicultural Learning for Kinesiology Students: Students’ Perceptions. International Journal of Exercise Science, 9(6) Article 49. Conference Proceedings. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.wku.edu/ijesab/vol9/iss6/49/ Cordrey, C. J., Cleary, M. A. (2006, April).
- Femoral stress fracture in a collegiate male basketball player: A case report. Florida International University College of Education Fifth Research Conference: Section on Allied Health Professions. Miami, FL.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Delaware Athletic Trainers’ Association, President (2014-2016) Aug 2007-Present
- Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association, Member Aug 2003-Present
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Member Dec 2006-Present
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association, Member Jan 2003-Present
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society May 2004- Present
- Golden Key Honor Society May 2004- Present
- Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Sports Medicine Committee, Secretary (2010-2012) Aug 2009-2012
- Athletic Trainers’ Association of Florida, Member Aug 2005- Jul 2007
- Southeastern Athletic Trainers’ Association, Member Aug 2005- Jul 2007